This is a very useful, concise account of the work of the European Movement and of the organizations and proposals for political integration that have resulted. The emphasis is on the Council of Europe, E.D.C., the Coal and Steel Community, the proposed European political community. The links with the prewar pan-Europe movement and the “European Movement in America” are interestingly treated.
Remember to support us your gifts make it possible to keep you informed; (Donate Today)
- The struggle to unite Europe, 1940-1958 : an historical account of the development of the contemporary European Movement from its origin in the Pan-European Union to the drafting of the treaties for Euratom and the European Common Market / Arnold J. Zurcher.
- Zurcher, Arnold J. (Arnold John), 1902-1974.
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1975, c1958.
- xix, 254 p. ; 22 cm.
- Reprint of the ed. published by New York University Press, New York.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.