by Gary Green (G.E.G.)
Matthew 23:23-26 (ESV)
23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. 24 You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel! 25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean.
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs,principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. A person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude,especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
1. A pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. A pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
3. An act or instance of hypocrisy.
1 John 2:3-5, 9-11 & 15 (ESV)
3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
9 Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. 10 Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. 11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
The worst Smell in this world is HYPOCRISIES coming from those who claim to be walking in the light, its a stench which can not be hidden.
Be careful to walk in the truth, as its easy to slip into the stream of HYPOCRISIES non of us are exempt from from falling into this sea. BE ALERT BE SOBER BE VIGILANT FOR YOUR ENEMY IS LIKE A ROARING LION LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO DEVOUR
1 PETER 5 VS. 8 AMP
READS: Be sober (well balanced and self-disciplined), be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion (fiercely hungry), seeking someone to devour.