Staff. Sgt. Milton C. Sprouse ‘Roswell’

New 2nd-hand witness to alien bodies and autopsy at base hospital, disappearing nurse and other disappearing medical personnel, and large cleanup of “out of this world” crash material at Foster Ranch debris field

S/Sgt. Milton Sprouse, 830th Bomb Sq., 1947 base yearbook

S. Sgt. Milton C. Sprouse is a brand new witness to some of the Roswell events who emerged in late 2007 in two San Diego newspaper articles. (w15 San Diego Union-Tribune, 10/26/2007; w16 North County Times, 9/30/2007) Sprouse is listed in the 1947 base yearbook (photo right) as one of the “old men” or original members of the 509th Bomb Group, dating back to 1944. In 1947, he was B-29 crew chief on “Dave’s Dream” with the 830th Bomb Squadron.

Sprouse said he wasn’t directly involved and all he knew was from men he knew who were. His basic story was that he wasn’t present at the base during the initial stages of the Roswell incident, but returned to the base with his B-29 the evening of July 7, 1947 (as reported in Carey & Schmitt, Witness to Roswell, p. 233) The base was buzzing with rumors about the crash. The next day the story broke of the recovered flying disc, quickly followed by the retraction and debunking as a weather balloon.

Milton Sprouse's B-29 crew in 1947. Sprouse was the crew chief, top right. Sprouse said five of these men were sent out to the debris field to assist in the cleanup and reported debris 'out of this world.'.

Sprouse said that upon their return, five of his crew were sent out to the Foster Ranch or Brazel debris field to assist in the cleanup, which involved 500 men lined shoulder to shoulder scouring the ground for debris. However, he was ordered to remain with “Dave’s Dream” in case it was needed. (Note: Dave’s Dream flew intelligence officer Major Jesse Marcel to Fort Worth with debris on the afternoon of July 8. Sprouse, however, wasn’t part of the crew.)

When his men returned they described debris that was “out of this world,” including the often-reported “memory foil” that returned to its original shape when crumpled up.

However, the most remarkable part of Sprouse’s story was hearing of the alien bodies and an autopsy quickly conducted at the base hospital from a medic friend, a fellow staff sergeant who shared the barracks. The medic worked in the emergency room and had been called out to the hospital. He had seen the “humanoid” bodies and said two doctors and two nurses were involved with the autopsy. Immediately afterwards, the medic disappeared and Sprouse said they couldn’t discover what had become of him. Similarly he heard that the doctors and nurses involved also were immediately transferred out and nothing could be discovered of their fate either.

(Sprouse added a detail that is generally not known. He said the medic also told him, ‘We don’t think the humanoid ate food.’ I don’t know why he said that. The digestive system wasn’t designed for food or something.” This was also reported to UFO researcher Leonard Stringfield around 1979 by two doctors who said they had also conducted an autopsy on an alien body in the early 1950s. The alien lacked teeth and a digestive system.)

This story is almost exactly the same told by Glenn Dennis, the Roswell mortician, who said a nurse friend told him of being involved in the autopsy and then disappeared, fate unknown. Although Dennis’ credibility has come under severe fire for providing a false name for the nurse, Sprouse seems to be corroborating the story.

Sprouse said he also knew Dennis from a funeral that Dennis arranged for a friend several years later. He said Dennis told him at that time of receiving calls from the base for child-size coffins (Sprouse recalled Dennis said five, but Dennis reported being told only of only three or four bodies.)

Another witness who said Dennis told him of the call from the base for small coffins early on was L. M. Hall, the former police chief of Roswell. (affidavit) Hall said this occurred only a few days after July 8, 1947.

Sprouse said he also knew Jesse Marcel, the intelligence officer involved in the initial investigation of the Brazel debris field. After the incident he could never ask him a question because he couldn’t get close to him. (It wasn’t totally clear what Sprouse meant by that.)

Finally Sprouse said he continued to hear stories at the base about the crashed flying saucer and alien bodies for years afterwards until he left in 1956. He believes there is a far-level cover-up of the event that extends clear to the White House.

Another part of Sprouse’s story, not reported in the newspaper articles below but in Witness to Roswell (p. 233), was being told a week later by some buddies of a debris flight. A C-54 pulled up in front of Hangar 84/P-3 (central site of many debris/body stories). The cargo plane was loaded with pieces of wreckage, including one large piece. They couldn’t get a close look because of guards posted around the hangar. “The rumor was that General [Roger] Ramey was on the plane.” In the morning, the plane was gone and the hangar was empty.

Base public information officer Walter Haut in his 2002 affidavit claimed Gen. Ramey was at the staff morning meeting on July 8, 1947, plotting how to cover things up. Another witness placing Ramey at the base was Ed Zimmerman (affidavit). Sprouse’s account would be weak corroboration of Ramey’s presence at the base.


Read: San Diego Union-Tribune 10-26-2007

Read: North County Times (San Diego, Riverside, CA), Sept. 30, 2007

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *