THE GOOD GUYS LIST: ◘ The BAD HATE The GOOD
◘ 4.2 percent growth in the second quarter of 2018.
◘ For the first time in more than a decade, growth is projected to exceed 3 percent over the calendar year.
◘ 4 million new jobs have been created since the election, and more than 3.5 million since Trump took office.
◘ More Americans are employed now than ever before in our history.
◘ Jobless claims at lowest level in nearly five decades.
◘ The economy has achieved the longest positive job-growth streak on record.
◘ Job openings are at an all-time high and outnumber job seekers for the first time on record.
◘ Unemployment claims at 50 year low
◘ African-American, Hispanic, and Asian-American unemployment rates have all recently reached record lows.
• ο African-American unemployment hit a record low of 5.9 percent in May 2018.
• ο Hispanic unemployment at 4.5 percent.
• ο Asian-American unemployment at record low of 2 percent.
◘ Women’s unemployment recently at lowest rate in nearly 65 years.
• ο Female unemployment dropped to 3.6 percent in May 2018, the lowest since October 1953.
◘ Youth unemployment recently reached its lowest level in more than 50 years.
• ο July 2018’s youth unemployment rate of 9.2 percent was the lowest since July 1966.
◘ Veterans’ unemployment recently hit its lowest level in nearly two decades.
• ο July 2018’s veterans’ unemployment rate of 3.0 percent matched the lowest rate since May 2001.
◘ Unemployment rate for Americans without a high school diploma recently reached a record low.
◘ Rate for disabled Americans recently hit a record low.
◘ Blue-collar jobs recently grew at the fastest rate in more than three decades.
◘ Poll found that 85 percent of blue-collar workers believe their lives are headed “in the right direction.”
• ο 68 percent reported receiving a pay increase in the past year.
◘ Last year, job satisfaction among American workers hit its highest level since 2005.
◘ Nearly two-thirds of Americans rate now as a good time to find a quality job.
• ο Optimism about the availability of good jobs has grown by 25 percent.
◘ Added more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since the election.
• ο Manufacturing employment is growing at its fastest pace in more than two decades.
◘ 100,000 new jobs supporting the production & transport of oil & natural gas.
◘ Median household income rose to $61,372 in 2017, a post-recession high.
◘ Wages up in August by their fastest rate since June 2009.
◘ Paychecks rose by 3.3 percent between 2016 and 2017, the most in a decade.
◘ Council of Economic Advisers found that real wage compensation has grown by 1.4 percent over the past year.
◘ Some 3.9 million Americans off food stamps since the election.
◘ Median income for Hispanic-Americans rose by 3.7 percent and surpassed $50,000 for the first time ever in
• ο Home-ownership among Hispanics is at the highest rate in nearly a decade.
◘ Poverty rates for African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans have reached their lowest levels ever recorded.
◘ Small business optimism has hit historic highs.
◘ NFIB’s small business optimism index broke a 35 year-old record in August.
◘ SurveyMonkey/CNBC’s small business confidence survey for Q3 of 2018 matched its all-time high.
◘ Manufacturers are more confident than ever.
• ο 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future, the highest ever.
◘ Consumer confidence is at an 18-year high.
◘ 12 percent of Americans rate the economy as the most significant problem facing our country, the lowest level on
◘ Confidence in the economy is near a two-decade high, with 51 percent rating the economy as good or excellent.
◘ Investment is flooding back into the United States due to the tax cuts.
• ο Over $450 billion dollars has already poured back into the U.S., including more than $300 billion in the first
……quarter of 2018.
◘ Retail sales have surged. Commerce Department figures from August show that retail sales increased 0.5 percent
….in July 2018, an increase of 6.4 percent from July 2017.
◘ ISM’s index of manufacturing scored its highest reading in 14 years.
◘ Worker productivity is the highest it has been in more than three years.
◘ Steel and aluminum producers are re-opening.
◘ Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and NASDAQ have all notched record highs.
• ο Dow hit record highs 70 times in 2017 alone, the most ever recorded in one year.
◘ Achieved massive deregulation at a rapid pace, completing 22 deregulatory actions to every one regulatory action
….during his first year in office.
◘ Signed legislation to roll back costly and harmful provisions of Dodd-Frank, providing relief to credit unions, and
….community and regional banks.
◘ Federal agencies achieved more than $8 billion in lifetime net regulatory cost savings.
◘ Rolled back Obama’s burdensome Waters of the U.S. rule.
◘ Used the Congressional Review Act to repeal regulations more times than in history.
◘ Biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history by signing the Tax Cuts and Jobs act into law
• ο Provided more than $5.5 trillion in gross tax cuts, nearly 60 percent of which will go to families.
• ο Increased the exemption for the death tax to help save Family Farms & Small Business.
• ο Nearly doubled the standard deduction for individuals and families.
• ο Enabled vast majority of American families will be able to file their taxes on a single page by claiming the
• ο Doubled the child tax credit to help lessen the financial burden of raising a family.
• ο Lowered America’s corporate tax rate from the highest in the developed world to allow American businesses to
……compete and win.
• ο Small businesses can now deduct 20 percent of their business income.
• ο Cut dozens of special interest tax breaks and closed loopholes for the wealthy.
◘ 9 in 10 American workers are expected see an increase in their paychecks thanks to the tax cuts, according to the
◘ More than 6 million of American workers have received wage increases, bonuses, and increased benefits thanks to
◘ Over 100 utility companies have lowered electric, gas, or water rates thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
◘ Ernst & Young found 89 percent of companies planned to increase worker compensation thanks to the Trump tax
◘ Established opportunity zones to spur investment in left behind communities.
◘ Established a National Council for the American Worker to develop a national strategy for training and retraining
….America’s workers for high-demand industries.
◘ Employers have signed Trump’s “Pledge to America’s Workers,” committing to train or retrain more than 4.2
….million workers and students.
◘ Signed the first Perkins CTE reauthorization since 2006, authorizing more than $1 billion for states each year to
….fund vocational and career education programs.
◘ Executive order expanding apprenticeship opportunities for students and workers.
◘ Proposed infrastructure plan would utilize $200 billion in Federal funds to spur at least $1.5 trillion in
….infrastructure investment across the country.
◘ Executive order expediting environmental reviews and approvals for high priority infrastructure projects.
◘ Federal agencies have signed the One Federal Decision Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) streamlining the
….federal permitting process for infrastructure projects.
◘ Rural prosperity task force and signed an executive order to help expand broadband access in rural areas.
◘ Signed an executive order to help minimize the financial burden felt by American households Signed legislation to
….improve the National Suicide Hotline.
◘ Signed the most comprehensive childhood cancer legislation ever into law, which will advance childhood cancer
….research and improve treatments.
◘ Signed Right-to-Try legislation, expanding health care options for terminally ill patients.
◘ Enacted changes to the Medicare 340B program, saving seniors an estimated $320 million on drugs in 2018
◘ FDA set a new record for generic drug approvals in 2017, saving consumers nearly $9 billion.
◘ Released a blueprint to drive down drug prices for American patients, leading multiple major drug companies to
….announce they will freeze or reverse price increases.
◘ Expanded short-term, limited-duration health plans.
◘ Let more employers to form Association Health Plans, enabling more small businesses to join together and
….affordably provide health insurance to their employees.
◘ Cut Obamacare’s burdensome individual mandate penalty.
◘ Signed legislation repealing Obamacare’s Independent Payment Advisory Board, also known as the “death
◘ USDA invested more than $1 billion in rural health care in 2017, improving access to health care for 2.5 million
….people in rural communities across 41 states
◘ Proposed Title X rule to help ensure taxpayers do not fund the abortion industry in violation of the law.
◘ Reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy to keep foreign aid from supporting the global abortion industry.
◘ HHS formed a new division over protecting the rights of conscience and religious freedom.
◘ Overturned Obama administration’s midnight regulation prohibiting states from defunding certain abortion
◘ Signed executive order to help ensure that religious organizations are not forced to choose between violating their
….religious beliefs by complying with Obamacare’s contraceptive mandate or shutting their doors.
◘ Chaired meeting the 73rd General Session of the United Nations discussing the worldwide drug problem with
◘ Initiative to Stop Opioid Abuse and Reduce Drug Supply and Demand, introducing new measures to keep
….dangerous drugs out of our communities.
◘ $6 billion in new funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
◘ DEA conducted a surge in April 2018 that arrested 28 medical professions and revoked 147 registrations for
….prescribing too many opioids.
◘ Brought the “Prescribed to Death” memorial to President’s Park near the White House, helping raise awareness
….about the human toll of the opioid crisis.
◘ Helped reduce high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent in 2017.
◘ Opioid Summit on the administration-wide efforts to combat the opioid crisis.
◘ Launched a national public awareness campaign about the dangers of opioid addiction.
◘ Created a Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis which recommended a number of
….pathways to tackle the opioid crisis.
◘ Led two National Prescription Drug Take Back Days in 2017 and 2018, collecting a record number of expired and
…. unneeded prescription drugs each time.
◘ $485 million targeted grants in FY 2017 to help areas hit hardest by the opioid crisis.
◘ Signed INTERDICT Act, strengthening efforts to detect and intercept synthetic opioids before they reach our
◘ DOJ secured its first-ever indictments against Chinese fentanyl manufacturers.
◘ Joint Criminal Opioid Darknet Enforcement (J-CODE) team, aimed at disrupting online illicit opioid sales.
◘ Declared the opioid crisis a Nationwide Public Health Emergency in October 2017.
LAW and ORDER
◘ More U.S. Circuit Court judges confirmed in the first year in office than ever.
◘ Confirmed more than two dozen U. S. Circuit Court judges.
◘ Followed through on the promise to nominate judges to the Supreme Court who will adhere to the Constitution
• ο Nominated and confirmed Justice Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
◘ Signed an executive order directing the Attorney General to develop a strategy to more effectively prosecute
….people who commit crimes against law enforcement officers.
◘ Launched an evaluation of grant programs to make sure they prioritize the protection and safety of law
◘ Established a task force to reduce crime and restore public safety in communities across Signed an executive
….order to focus more federal resources on dismantling transnational criminal organizations such as drug cartels.
◘ Signed an executive order to focus more federal resources on dismantling transnational criminal organizations
….such as drug cartels.
◘ Violent crime decreased in 2017 according to FBI statistics.
◘ $137 million in grants through the COPS Hiring Program to preserve jobs, increase community
….policing capacities, and support crime prevention efforts.
◘ Enhanced and updated the Project Safe Neighbourhoods to help reduce violent crime.
◘ Signed legislation making it easier to target websites that enable sex trafficking and strengthened penalties for
….people who promote or facilitate prostitution.
◘ Created an inter-agency task force working around the clock to prosecute traffickers, protect victims, and
….prevent human trafficking.
◘ Conducted Operation Cross Country XI to combat human trafficking, rescuing 84 children and arresting 120
◘ Encouraged federal prosecutors to use the death penalty when possible in the fight against the trafficking of
◘ New rule effectively banning bump stock sales in the United States.
BORDER SECURITY and IMMIGRATION
◘ Secured $1.6 billion for border wall construction in the March 2018 omnibus bill.
◘ Construction of a 14-mile section of border wall began near San Diego.
◘ Worked to protect American communities from the threat posed by the vile MS-13 gang.
• ο ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations division arrested 796 MS-13 members and associates in FY 2017, an 83
……percent increase from the prior year.
• ο Justice worked with partners in Central America to secure criminal charges against more than 4,000 MS-13 members.
• ο Border Patrol agents arrested 228 illegal aliens affiliated with MS-13 in FY 2017.
◘ Fighting to stop the scourge of illegal drugs at our border.
• ο ICE HSI seized more than 980,000 pounds of narcotics in FY 2017, including 2,370 pounds of fentanyl and
……6,967 pounds of heroin.
• ο ICE HSI dedicated nearly 630,000 investigative hours towards halting the illegal import of fentanyl.
• ο ICE HSI made 11,691 narcotics-related arrests in FY 2017.
• ο Stop Opioid Abuse and Reduce Drug Supply and Demand introduced new measures to keep dangerous drugs out
……the United States.
• ο Signed the INTERDICT Act into law, enhancing efforts to detect and intercept synthetic opioids.
• ο DOJ secured its first-ever indictments against Chinese fentanyl manufacturers.
• ο DOJ launched their Joint Criminal Opioid Darknet Enforcement (J-CODE) team, aimed at disrupting online
……illicit opioid sales.
◘ Released an immigration framework that includes the resources required to secure our borders and close legal
….loopholes, and repeatedly called on Congress to fix our broken immigration laws.
◘ Authorized the deployment of the National Guard to help secure the border.
◘ Enhanced vetting of individuals entering the U.S. from countries that don’t meet security standards, helping to
….ensure individuals who pose a threat to our country are identified before they enter.
• ο These procedures were upheld in a June 2018 Supreme Court hearing.
◘ ICE removed over 226,000 illegal aliens from the United States in 2017.
• ο ICE rescued or identified over 500 human trafficking victims and over 900 child exploitation victims in 2017
◘ In 2017, ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) arrested more than 127,000 aliens with criminal
….convictions or charges, responsible for
• ο Over 76,000 with dangerous drug offenses.
• ο More than 48,000 with assault offenses.
• ο More than 11,000 with weapons offenses.
• ο More than 5,000 with sexual assault offenses.
• ο More than 2,000 with kidnapping offenses.
• ο Over 1,800 with homicide offenses.
◘ Created the Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE) Office in order to support the victims and
….families affected by illegal alien crime.
◘ More than doubled the number of counties participating in the 287(g) program, which allows jails to detain
….criminal aliens until they are transferred to ICE custody.
◘ Negotiating and renegotiating better trade deals, achieving free, fair, and reciprocal trade for the United States.
• ο Agreed to work with the European Union towards zero tariffs, zero non-tariff barriers, and zero subsides.
• ο Deal with the European Union to increase U.S. energy exports to Europe.
• ο Litigated multiple WTO disputes targeting unfair trade practices and upholding our right to enact fair trade
• ο Finalized a revised trade agreement with South Korea, which includes provisions to increase American
• ο Negotiated an historic U.S.-Mexico-Canada Trade Agreement to replace NAFTA.
• ο Agreement to begin trade negotiations for a U.S.-Japan trade agreement.
• ο Secured $250 billion in new trade and investment deals in China and $12 billion in Vietnam.
• ο Established a Trade and Investment Working Group with the United Kingdom, laying the groundwork for post-
◘ Enacted steel and aluminum tariffs to protect our vital steel and aluminum producers and strengthen our
◘ Conducted 82 anti-dumping and countervailing duty investigations in 2017 alone.
◘ Confronting China’s unfair trade practices after years of Washington looking the other way.
• ο 25 percent tariff on $50 billion of goods imported from China and later imposed an additional 10% tariff on
……$200 billion of Chinese goods.
• ο Conducted an investigation into Chinese forced technology transfers, unfair licensing practices, and intellectual
• ο Imposed safeguard tariffs to protect domestic washing machines and solar products manufacturers hurt by
……China’s trade policies
◘ Withdrew from the job-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
◘ Secured access to new markets for America’s farmers.
• ο Recent deal with Mexico included new improvements enabling food and agriculture to trade more fairly.
• ο Recent agreement with the E.U. will reduce barriers and increase trade of American soybeans to Europe.
• ο Won a WTO dispute regarding Indonesia’s unfair restriction of U.S. agricultural exports.
• ο Defended American Tuna fisherman and packagers before the WTO
• ο Opened up Argentina to American pork experts for the first time in a quarter-century
• ο American beef exports have returned to china for the first time in more than a decade
◘ OK’d up to $12 billion in aid for farmers affected by unfair trade retaliation.
◘ Presidential Memorandum to clear roadblocks to construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
◘ Presidential Memorandum declaring that the Dakota Access Pipeline serves the national interest and initiating
….the process to complete construction.
◘ Opened up the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge to energy exploration.
◘ Coal exports up over 60 percent in 2017.
◘ Rolled back the “stream protection rule” to prevent it from harming America’s coal industry.
◘ Cancelled Obama’s anti-coal Clean Power Plan and proposed the Affordable Clean Energy Rule as a replacement.
◘ Withdrew from the job-killing Paris climate agreement, which would have cost the U.S. nearly $3 trillion and led
…. to 6.5 million fewer industrial sector jobs by 2040.
◘ U.S. oil production has achieved its highest level in American history
◘ United States is now the largest crude oil producer in the world.
◘ U.S. has become a net natural gas exporter for the first time in six decades.
◘ Action to expedite the identification and extraction of critical minerals that are vital to the nation’s security and
◘ Took action to reform National Ambient Air Quality Standards, benefitting American manufacturers.
◘ Rescinded Obama’s hydraulic fracturing rule, which was expected to cost the industry $32 million per year.
◘ Proposed an expansion of offshore drilling as part of an all-of-the above energy strategy
• ο Held a lease sale for offshore oil and gas leases in the Gulf of Mexico in August 2018.
◘ Got EU to increase its imports of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the United States.
◘ Issued permits for the New Burgos Pipeline that will cross the U.S.-Mexico border.
◘ Moved the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
◘ Withdrew from Iran deal and immediately began the process of re-imposing sanctions that had been lifted or
• ο Treasury has issued sanctions targeting Iranian activities and entities, including the Islamic Revolutionary
……Guard Corps-Qods Force
• ο Since enacting sanctions, Iran’s crude exports have fallen off, the value of Iran’s currency has plummeted, and
……international companies have pulled out of the country.
• ο All nuclear-related sanctions will be back in full force by early November 2018.
◘ Historic summit with North Korean President Kim Jong-Un, bringing beginnings of peace and denuclearization
….to the Korean Peninsula.
• ο The two leaders have exchanged letters and high-level officials from both sides have met resulting in tremendous
• ο North Korea has halted nuclear and missile tests.
• ο Negotiated the return of the remains of missing-in-action soldiers from the Korean War.
◘ Imposed strong sanctions on Venezuelan dictator Nicholas Maduro and his inner circle.
◘ Executive order preventing those in the U.S. from carrying out certain transactions with the Venezuelan regime,
….including prohibiting the purchase of the regime’s debt.
◘ Responded to the use of chemical weapons by the Syrian regime.
• ο Rolled out sanctions targeting individuals and entities tied to Syria’s chemical weapons program.
• ο Directed strikes in April 2017 against a Syrian airfield used in a chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians.
• ο Joined allies in launching airstrikes in April 2018 against targets associated with Syria’s chemical weapons use.
◘ New Cuba policy that enhanced compliance with U.S. law and held the Cuban regime accountable for political
….oppression and human rights abuses.
• ο Treasury and State are working to channel economic activity away from the Cuban regime, particularly the
◘ Changed the rules of engagement, empowering commanders to take the fight to ISIS.
• ο ISIS has lost virtually all of its territory, more than half of which has been lost under Trump.
• ο ISIS’ self-proclaimed capital city, Raqqah, was liberated in October 2017.
• ο All Iraqi territory had been liberated from ISIS.
◘ More than a dozen American hostages have been freed from captivity all of the world.
◘ Action to combat Russia’s malign activities, including their efforts to undermine the sanctity of United States
• ο Expelled dozens of Russian intelligence officers from the United States and ordered the closure of the Russian
……consulate in Seattle, WA.
• ο Banned the use of Kaspersky Labs software on government computers, due to the company’s ties to Russian
• ο Imposed sanctions against five Russian entities and three individuals for enabling Russia’s military and
……intelligence units to increase Russia’s offensive cyber capabilities.
• ο Sanctions against seven Russian oligarchs, and 12 companies they own or control, who profit from Russia’s
• ο Sanctioned 100 targets in response to Russia’s occupation of Crimea and aggression in Eastern Ukraine.
• ο Enhanced support for Ukraine’s Armed Forces to help Ukraine better defend itself.
◘ Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
◘ Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
◘ Executive order keeping the detention facilities at U.S. Naval Station Guantanamo Bay open.
◘ $700 billion in military funding for FY 2018 and $716 billion for FY 2019.
◘ Largest military pay raise in nearly a decade.
◘ Ordered a Nuclear Posture Review to ensure America’s nuclear forces are up to date and serve as a credible
◘ Released America’s first fully articulated cyber strategy in 15 years.
◘ New strategy on national biodefense, which better prepares the nation to defend against biological threats.
◘ Administration has announced that it will use whatever means necessary to protect American citizens and
….servicemen from unjust prosecution by the International Criminal Court.
◘ Released an America first National Security Strategy.
◘ Put in motion the launch of a Space Force as a new branch of the military and relaunched the National Space
◘ Encouraged North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) allies to increase defense spending to their agree-upon
• ο In 2017 alone, there was an increase of more than 4.8 percent in defense spending amongst NATO allies.
• ο Every member state has increased defense spending.
• ο Eight NATO allies will reach the 2 percent benchmark by the end of 2018 and 15 allies are on trade to do so by
• ο NATO allies spent over $42 billion dollars more on defense since 2016.
◘ Executive order to help military spouses find employment as their families deploy domestically and abroad.
◘ Signed the VA Accountability Act and expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent
….primary and mental health care.
◘ Delivered more appeals decisions – 81,000 – to veterans in a single year than ever before.
◘ Strengthened protections for individuals who come forward and identify programs occurring within the VA.
◘ Signed legislation that provided $86.5 billion in funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), the largest
….dollar amount in history for the VA.
◘ VA MISSION Act, enacting sweeping reform to the VA system that:
• ο Consolidated and strengthened VA community care programs.
• ο Funding for the Veterans Choice program.
• ο Expanded eligibility for the Family Caregivers Program.
• ο Gave veterans more access to walk-in care.
• ο Strengthened the VA’s ability to recruit and retain quality healthcare professionals.
• ο Enabled the VA to modernize its assets and infrastructure.
◘ Signed the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act in 2017, which authorized $2.1 billion in addition funds for
….the Veterans Choice Program.
◘ Worked to shift veterans’ electronic medical records to the same system used by the Department of Defense, a
….decades old priority.
◘ Issued an executive order requiring the Secretaries of Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs to
….submit a joint plan to provide veterans access to access to mental health treatment as they transition to civilian life.
◘ Increased transparency and accountability at the VA by launching an online “Access and Quality Tool,” providing
….veterans with access to wait time and quality of care data.
◘ Signed legislation to modernize the claims and appeal process at the VA.
◘ Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act, providing enhanced educational benefits to veterans,
….service members, and their family members.
• ο Lifted a 15-year limit on veterans’ access to their educational benefits.
◘ Created a White House VA Hotline to help veterans and principally staffed it with veterans and direct family
….members of veterans.
◘ VA employees are being held accountable for poor performance, with more than 4,000 VA employees removed,
….demoted, and suspended so far.
◘ Signed the Veterans Treatment Court Improvement Act, increasing the number of VA employees that can assist