A FRIGHTENING new Islamic State magazine has encouraged lone wolves to attack and kill Australians in public acts of terror.
“Kill them on the streets of Brunswick, Broadmeadows, Bankstown, and Bondi. Kill them at the MCG, the SCG, the Opera House, and even in their backyards,” an article published on Monday in the new English-language online periodical urged.TARGET: Brunswick
TARGET: Opera House
“Stab them, shoot them, poison them, and run them down with your vehicles.
Portion on the Magazine:
A four page eulogy for Abu Mansur Al Muhajir, a dead Australian jihadist of Lebanese descent, urges Islamic State attacks in Australia.
The editorial from the terrorist organisation, entitled Among The Believers Are Men, also alleged that Melbourne man Ezzit Raad, who was convicted over a plan to blow-up the Melbourne Cricket Ground in 2005, died while fighting for IS in November 2015.
The organisation paid tribute to Raad, who fled Australia for Syria in 2013, where he recruited others to fight for the terrorist group.
The article shows a photo of what appears to be Raad’s body.
It also paid tribute to Melbourne teenager Adam Dahman, also known as Abu Bakras, who carried out a suicide bombing in Iraq in 2014.
The article urged others — “those living in Australia in particular” — to follow their lead.
“Follow the path of these righteous souls because there is no other path,” it said.
“The Khilafah [caliphate] has called for you to mobilize from your dens to alleviate the pain afflicting the hearts of the Muslims by striking the kuffar in their homelands.
“It is only from the hikmah [wisdom] of Allah that he has scattered you around the earth and in the various lands of the Crusaders to see which of you are best in deeds.
“So here before you are the doors of jihad — unhinged and in their lands. Light the ground beneath them aflame and scorch them with terror.”
Minister Assisting the Prime Minister on counter-terrorism, Michael Keenan, said the plea reflected the desperation of the terrorist organisation, as it continued to lose territory in the Syrian conflict.
“The release of (Islamic State’s) new magazine is another desperate attempt to attract more supporters, in the face of substantial territory losses and dwindling numbers of foreign fighters,” he said.
“IS has lost close to half of the territory it held in Iraq and up to 20 per cent of its territory in Syria.
“Recent reports suggest IS fighter numbers have fallen to record lows.
“IS has not gained any new territory since June 2015.”
Mr Keenan said the organisation had previously called for attacks on Australia and, “we will not let them win”.
“Australia’s law enforcement and security agencies are the best in the world,” he said.
“Safety and security at home will always be the government’s first priority.”
The Australian Federal Police has been contacted for comment.